Each week you can choose to complete Mild, Medium or Hot tasks with your child. This approach offers flexibility to meet the competing demands of family life! We would advise all families to engage in the Mild Tasks as we believe doing so will have a positive and lasting impact upon your child. You can find our Home Learning Policy here.
Week- 27th January- 3rd February 2020
- Discuss weekly intended learning
- Reading for enjoyment.
- Explore the Wednesday Word.
- Gather evidence for the gift of Fortitude (Pope Francis Faith Award)
- All Mild tasks.
- Learn and remember spelling words (issued Monday in HW diary)
- A holiday company offer a 12% discount if you book before 31st March. How much would you pay today for a holiday to France if the full price is £1,245?
- Prices in a car showroom are going to increase by 7%. How much extra will you have to pay for a car that now costs £14,675?
- House prices increased 13% between 1994 and 1996. How much would a house be worth in 1996, if it cost £134,500 in 1994?
- all Mild Tasks
- all Medium Tasks
HEAD TEACHER CHALLENGE: due 31st January
- Last week we went on a whole school walk to celebrate being the first Council school in Scotland to get a Learning Outside the Classroom Award! TASK: write 1 adjective (describing word) about our walk beside your name on a wee ticket (scrappy paper fine!) and pop it in Mrs Favier’s hands by Friday for inclusion on our giant display!